Neogen has expanded its forensic drug detection product line by adding hair testing ELISA kits for the most commonly abused drugs on the illicit market — cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, synthetic opiates, PCP, and THC. Using hair samples to detect drugs of abuse has become common practice in toxicology because of its advantages over traditional sample types.
- Hair is easy to handle and store
- Collection is far less invasive than urine and blood
- Brief periods of non-use do not affect test results
- A larger window of drug detection
- Simple retesting
- Difficult to adulterate test results
These advantages have led hair samples to be extensively used in workplace testing, as well as in other areas, such as legal cases, occupational and traffic medicine, and for historical research.
For the determination of trace quantities of drug analytes in human hair follicle samples.
Features of Neogen’s Hair ELISA Kits:
- High sensitivity
- Excellent reproducibility
- Compatible with automated and semi-automated equipment
- Available in 96 and 480 well assay
Hair Drug Detection ELISA Kits
Not available in the US.